-The woman is a worker who has been cleaning the street for 26 year.
-“Bird” is a singer who was singing happily.
-The language centre which is situated at NSTRU is very big.
Example: -The woman is a worker cleaning the street for 26 year.
-“Bird is a singer singing happily.
-The language centre situated at NSTRU is very big.
Example: -She protested helplessly.
-The vapidly widening wealth goup between the rich and poor.
-Rolling stone is no mass.
Learning log out class
Adverbial Clause or Adverb Clause.An adverb clause is a clause that functions as an adverb.That is instead of one adverb modifying the verb,we have a clause (subject and predicate).
• Susan called yesterday.
• Susan called when we were out.
• Geouge listened carefully to the teacher.
• Geouge listened to the teacher as his mother told him to.
• He believed everything unconditionally.
• He would believed everything if you had the evidence.
• He believed everything even though you couldn’t prove it.
Adverb Clause Connectors
One kind of the adverb clause tell us “when” the action takes place.It is adverb clause of time
• When I graduate,I would like to get married.
• As soon as I find Mr. Right.I will stop dating orther people.
• After we get married,we will go on a honeymoon.
Adverb Clause of Contrast
Adverb clause of contrast,we can also subordinate the main idea by showing its contrast to show that the effect is not what we expect.
• Although Tom Cruise has been married many times,he remains the man in my dream.
• He has a lot of charisma thought he is rather short.
• Even if he is fat and bald,I will still be crazy about him.
Adverb Clause of Condition
Adverb Clause of condition modify a clause,providing a condition under which the event will take place.
• If the teacher cancels the class,we will go to a movie.
• Unless it’s necessary,she won’t answer the phone.
• In case there’s an emergency,you can call this number.
Adverb Clause of Reason
An Adverb Clause of Reason indicates why the particular action of the verb is taken.The Adverb Clause of Reason will being with because,since,as that etc…
• I did not buy it because I did not like the look of it.
• Because he is rich,he think he can buy all of us juices.
• As he was not there,he spoke to his brother.
Adverb Clause of Purpose
We can modify a verb or a sentence by giving it the purpose in the adverb clause.
• Clark Kent works at the Daily Planet in order that he can keep himself up-to-date with the information.He acts likes a normal person so that no one will suspect anything of him.For the fear that someone will discover his true identity,he never tells anyone the fact of who he is.He wears the Superman suit lest no one recognizes him.
Adverb Clause of Manner
As the name suggests,an advern clause of manner tells us ‘how’ you do telling us ‘how’ we do something,this is the most difficult to understand.The conectors used in an adverb clause of manner are as,as if,and as though.
• Good students come to class on time as the teacher tells them to.
• He ate as if he were starving for months.
• She acts as if it’s a joke.